Friday, March 28

Art Vibration - 291



TRADITIONAL FOLK MUSICAL INSTRUMENT NAGADA

Nagada  ( old  name is Nopat ) , it is a very traditional musical instrument of our INDIA , I am not sure but I think it was created in time of NATYSASTRA of Bharat Muni , INDIA ( Rule or guide line of INDIAN  theater ) .


You know I were started  my art journey in my childhood age, in that age I were drumming to CHANG a traditional folk music instrument of Rajasthan . in my child age I were listened the music of NAGADA . in temple or after temple in performance of our cultural folk play on holi festival . we are saying to that play , RAMAT . that is musical play in,  Hindi we are calling to that  ( Nrty Natika ) , In RAMAT performer are playing to character of king or other historical character.  in mid of that performance they are using to folk music and folk song  in Ramat .so they use to Nagada Folk Music because it is making very loud sound without any microphone . a smart instrument for common communication by music or that’s sound indication for social message . our historical senior was really great masters ..! 

I am enjoying to music of Nagada all night , when SHARAD PURNIMA ( first full moon night of winter ) in that night a temple are organized a musical play of gods , it is continue to last 150 years and I am enjoying to that musical performance to last  15th years to continue . there some very good music performer are playing with sound of NAGADA  and they are giving musical refreshment to  my mind so I am sharing my night there in  Sharad Purnima Night . 

Friend this month our city was played holi and before holi some folk art performers or promoters were  performed to RAMAT musical performance on street stage with folk music of Nagada . I were missed this year my holi festival  and folk art performance in form of RAMAT . but inside of myself art sound and interest of folk art and music was inspired to me for put out to my deep feeling about this folk art.  so in  this week  I were started a one more paper sculpture by news paper . about RAMAT I were read in news paper with some visuals of that live folk art performance . so in this art work I were used to again news paper and in real size I have created  Nagada male or female a couple of Nagada . 

 In visuals  you will observe  to that real form and I were transferred that in paper sculpture for  your visit or  for myself refreshment of mind . here musical rhythm is silent but I can hear it in my vision by loud sound ( just like it naagd naagd  naagd dhina , naagd naagd naagd dhin …..)ha ha .  


In childhood age many time I were got chance for drumming to NAGADA in temple when prayer time was on in evening time . but temple Nagada Music is different to musical folk performance , in temple Nagada music is drumming in a one rhythm but in musical performance  Nagada is giving many rhythm according to play or folk song or its depend on Nagada Master . music in me, rhythm is in me and I am putting out that by  hard form of art and presentation  that is painting or here in paper sculpture for  your observation on my musical rhythm . 

By academic education I am master of visuals art but  in Myself  I have a music master with full of  rhythm,  that’s result is in form of traditional folk musical Instrument  NAGADA sculpture by news paper ..ha
So here I said about this rhythm traditional folk musical instrument Nagada 





Myself is busy in drumming to NAGADA , Holi 2013 ,
in Bullet wala Hanuman Temple ,Shree Kolayat Road,Bikaner 


Yogendra kumar purohit
Master of Fine Art
Bikaner, INDIA

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A very good work...so interesting was to read the story of these drums...and how these related with you. I like when you talk about your childhood.
Thank you for a very interesting post !!!